My apologies for not updating more often. Over these last few months, I have been finalizing my book, Fixed Stars Govern a Life: Decoding Sylvia Plath, volume one; getting my marketing plans together; working on my follow-up volume two, as well as The Magician's Girl, and another book I hadn't planned to do on Plath's early poems. I've also been busy preparing and doing presentations, planning trips, taking trips, and of course, reading tarot cards.
Here's what's on the calendar:
April 26th: a private tarot event at Western Illinois University, and a public campus visit to speak on Plath and FSGL. Write for details.
Weekends in May 17 - June 8: the St. Louis Renaissance Faire. I am the official tarot card reader: $10 readings, $5 for kids and dogs(!). Let me surprise you.
May/June: Release of my book, Fixed Stars Govern a Life: Decoding Sylvia Plath, volume one (Stephen F. Austin State University Press)
June: presentation at the Association for Studies in Esotericism, to take place during the Summer Solstice weekend! Lucky me, I am also invited to participate in the Colgate Writers Conference happening simultaneously. My presentation is called "Sylvia Plath: Madness... or Mysticism?"
June is also the month (I believe) that the next Plath Profiles, volume seven, will be out with my article: "History and a Case for Prescience: Sylvia Plath's 1956 Poems"
July 11-13: Case Western Reserve's "Evil Incarnate: Manifestations of Villains and Villainy" conference. I will be presenting "Self-Villainy in Sylvia Plath's poem, 'The Jailor'"
August: perhaps a trip to the Lilly Library, Indiana University-Bloomington for some more Plath studies. Meet me there?
Fixed Stars Govern a Life's book trailer by Typewriter Tim Jordan was accepted in the Long Beach Indie Digital Edutainment Conference. The segment is called "Digitizing the Occult."
September: Fixed Stars Govern a Life visits the Hawaiian Islands! I am looking to schedule one or more events while I am there. Write for details.
October: in Chicago Illinois cheering on the Chicago Marathon runners, including my son Sam, and that means I'll be available for tarot appointments and possibly a book store appearance in the Windy City. Write for details.
My online class, Sylvia Plath and the Tarot, will begin at Lindenwood University's graduate writing program. The book will use Fixed Stars Govern a Life: Decoding Sylvia Plath, volume one, as the text. Want to take it? Apply here.
No comments:
Post a Comment