Hi again, Friends:
As the release of my book, Fixed Stars Govern a Life: Decoding Sylvia Plath draws near (yes, the subtitle has been changed from "Sylvia Plath's Qabalah Code," but the content remains the same), I am looking into doing a little bit of early marketing...and I could use your help!
I do not have the release date or the artwork yet to set up pre-orders on Amazon.com and all the rest, but I assure you that will come ASAP. In the meantime, please know the following:
1.) I would love to have your name and email address, if you are interested in an opt-in mailing to receive updates and news about me, book tours, major events, etc. I give you my word that you will not be spammed, receive too many notices, or have your information sold to any other parties. You may email your information to me privately at jgordonbramer[at]gmail.com.
2.) If you're an English professor or administrator interested in having me visit your school in person, or to speak to classes via Skype or conference call, please email me! If you're a member of a spiritual center (I'm especially interested in groups focusing on Alchemy, Tarot, Qabalah, Creativity Work, Mythology, the work of Carl Jung, etc.), if you run a bookstore, or if you are affiliated with literary workshops and presentations, I also want to hear from you! I will be doing some small tours over the next year and may be able to plan your location into the mix.
3.) If you believe that I would be a good fit as speaker/presenter at your conference/symposium/seminar/workshop/retreat, I'd love to hear more about it. Maybe we can make it happen.
About the book:
Fixed Stars Govern a Life: Decoding Sylvia Plath volume one, will be out in 2013 (release date TBA) by Stephen F. Austin State University Press. The book is ALREADY generating controversy, and if you're in the media, please give me a call or email and I would love to tell you about it. This book will change the way we look at Sylvia Plath's poems, and demolishes her fifty-year-long reputation of being merely a depressive poet/author and tragic suicide. Readers will see that Sylvia Plath was a genius like no other, and on top of that, Plath gives the gift of showing a blueprint for Qabalah--a divine order to the universe.
If you're a Plath fan, or new to Plath and just wanting to understand what the hubbub is about, this book will change your life. Don't care for poetry? You'll still be astounded by the historical, mythological, astrological, astronomical, alchemical, and artistic correlations.
You will never view the world in the same way again.
Cover art will be designed by the incomparable Amy Bautz.
Some early blurbs: [more coming soon]
"With clarity and erudition, Ms. Gordon-Bramer illuminates how Plath's masterpiece Ariel reflects a clear and intentional alignment with the Tarot and the Qabalah's Tree of Life. With each poem, and the collection as a whole, Gordon-Bramer weaves the esoteric mysteries with historical interpretation in a fascinating scholarly analysis that is original, provocative, magical. Fixed Stars Govern a Life is an incantation of great resonance and power, and its publication will be a sensation."
-- Susan L. Woods, PhD, Emeritus Professor of Women's Studies, Eastern Illinois University
"Lucid and intriguing... Fixed Stars Govern a Life is a great source study with commentary on what Plath read, and what was happening at the time of the poem." -- Carl Rollyson, author of American Isis: The Life and Art of Sylvia Plath [St. Martin's Press]
Have an idea for me and/or my book? Reach out to me at jgordonbramer[at]gmail.com, or call: 314.517.0158.
No comments:
Post a Comment