Hi Friends,
Over the last few months, I've had a lot of Tarot clients asking me about my feelings about December 21, 2012. Do I really think it's the Apocalypse?
No. Well, not in the literal way.
Astrologers tell us that we are at an end of an Age, and beginning a new one. We have traveled through the Age of Pisces in the zodiac, and we are now moving into the Age of Aquarius. Remember that old Broadway classic, "Hair," with its big hit, "The Age of Aquarius"? The Age of Pisces, what we're just finishing up, is considered to be a warring, paternalistic age. The Age of Aquarius, astrologically, is about femininity, peace and love. Wouldn't that be great?
I don't believe that change will happen overnight, unfortunately. Maybe not even in our lifetimes, although it would be wonderful if we could be a part of moving that energy forward, away from school shootings, away from the fiscal cliff, away from Hurricane Sandy, and the like. We ARE at the end of an age. This is the time when all of our systems are breaking. The old ways don't work any longer. Look around you: Every system we have, be it politics, economy, environment, education, health, religion, the traditional family, it is all in a time of violent upheaval as we learn new ways to live and quit fighting to preserve the old status quo. This is the Apocalypse.
Some of you know that in addition to reading Tarot and teaching Humanities, I am a Sylvia Plath scholar. If you're interested in what Sylvia Plath had to say about this end-of-the-world, please check out the PowerPoint presentation I made for the Plath Symposium, this past October. You may view it here.
No comments:
Post a Comment