I am very excited to announce that I'll be presenting on Sylvia Plath's poem, "A Secret", as it relates to the Tarot and author Lawrence Durrell's great work, The Alexandria Quartet, at the Lawrence Durrell Centenary conference in London, England.
The event will be held at London's Goodenough College and the British Library, June 13-16, 2012.
Details forthcoming.

2 comments:
Your recent comment on Write from the Heart made me think of this, so I thought I'd visit your blog. You should check out Tolle if you are not familiar with him.
----
Julia Gordon-Bramer's comment made me think of a passage I read in one of Eckhart Tolle's books:
Tolle recalls a time in the 1970s when he was a graduate student at Cambridge University. Each day at lunch, he saw the same severely disabled man surrounded by students. A few weeks later, their eyes met and, Tolle says, “I saw that his eyes were clear. There was no trace in them of unhappiness. I knew immediately he had relinquished resistance; he was living in surrender.” Years later, he saw the same man on the front of a magazine. The unknown man was Stephen Hawking, one of the world’s most famous theoretical physicists. Tolle writes, “There was a beautiful line in the article that confirmed what I had sensed when I looked into his eyes many years earlier. Commenting upon his life, he said (now with the help of the voice synthesizer), ‘Who could have wished for more?’”
-From http://www.success.com/articles/307-on-the-bookshelf-eckhart-tolle
Thank you, Charlene. I am a little bit familiar with Tolle, and will make it a point to read more of him.
...and such a great little story of Hawking! Wow.
Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment